Who we are
www.thenationfund.org is a site operated by The Nation Fund for Independent Journalism. The Nation Fund for Independent Journalism is New York nonprofit organization exempt from taxation under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code dedicated to strengthening the. We are located at 520 Eighth Avenue, New York, NY 10018.
We are committed to maintaining the privacy of your personal information. The following policy explains our information collection practices, privacy policies and the choices available to you with regard to how your information is collected and utilized.
If you have any queries about this Policy or how we use your personal information, please contact us here.
What personal data we collect
- Personal information that you provide to us, including, but not limited to, your name, age, address, e-mail address, phone number, and credit card number.
- Information regarding your interaction with our Sites, including, but not limited to, your IP address, device type, geographic location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from our Sites, and web log information.
- Information you provide to us through community discussions, member information pages, e-mails, chats, dispute resolution, or information you share with us through other social applications or websites.
Why we collect this information
- For the purposes for which you specifically provided the information including, for example, to enable us to process, validate and process your donations.
- To send you e-mail notifications about our programs and services, or to otherwise contact you. We will only use your personal information for electronic marketing purposes if we are allowed to do this by law or if we have your consent. If you agree to us providing you with marketing information, you can always opt out at a later date. If you would rather not receive marketing material from us, please let us know at any time using the contact details at Contact Us
- To enhance existing features or develop new features, products and services.
- To allow us to personalize the content that you and others see based on personal characteristics or preferences.
Who we share your data with
- In the event of a sale, merger, bankruptcy or other change in control of TheNationFund.org, your information may be shared with the person or business that owns or controls this Site. Opting out of receiving information from third parties will not affect our right to transfer your information to a new owner.
- If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process or to protect and defend the rights or property of The Nation Fund for Independent Journalism.
- We may need to provide your information to our contractors and suppliers who provide services on our behalf, to the extent necessary to enable you to receive those services. Further details are set in the paragraph on “Agents” under Preserving the Privacy of Your Information.
How long we retain your data
We keep your information for no longer than is necessary. We will retain your information for any period required by law. Where we are not under a legal obligation to retain your information, we will determine what is necessary by reference to the lawful basis for processing set out above and our legitimate interests.
Preserving the Privacy of Your Information
We endeavor to safeguard and protect your personal information. When you submit personal information on our Sites, such information is protected both online and offline. Only employees and supervisors with specific authorization have access to databases containing visitors’ personal information. The databases are protected in a secure facility and credit card information is transmitted via encrypted technology.
E-mail Addresses: Except as may be required by law, or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process, we will not share your e-mail address with third parties, although we reserve the right to present you with advertisements on their behalf.
Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and providing customer service. These agents have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but are contractually prohibited from using it for other purposes.
Major Business Transactions: In the event of a major business transaction, our customer information may be one of the transferred business assets.
Links: Our Sites may contain links to other sites whose privacy practices may differ from ours. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each website. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites.
Order Forms: Our Sites may use an order form for customers to subscribe to a publication or other services or to purchase certain items. We may collect visitors’ contact information (like postal and e-mail addresses). Contact information from the order form is used to send orders to our customers, or to send e-mail newsletters that they have requested. Users may opt out of receiving future mailings; see the “Opting Out and Contacting Us” section below.
Public Forums: Our Sites may make chat rooms, forums, message boards and/or news groups available to their users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and that information can be collected and used by others besides The Nation Company, LLC. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorized third party’s use of information that you disclose online.
Children’s privacy statement
Our Sites are intended for adults and are not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 and therefore do not knowingly distribute such information to third parties. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of 13, we will delete such information from our records.
How to access or change your information
If you would like to review or update your Personal Information that has been previously provided to us, you may contact us using this form.
In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.